Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

Slow Down, Stop, Look, Observe… and Contemplate



 The Library is such a cool place. Not only because of all the cool books but also for the art that is displayed throughout the library.  Recently new art has been displayed in the main lobby of the library. It is very easy to simply overlook it as you walk through on your way to printing your papers that are due in 10 min or while you are on your way to meet a study group.  I myself have walked past it without every really stopping to look.  One of my favorite things about art is that to fully appreciate it you have to stop, observe (for a long time), and contemplate.   

The same thing goes for the art in the library.  At first I kind of thought that the artwork was cool but I never gave it a second glance, but since I work at the front desk in the library I obviously spend a lot of time in the main lobby.  This has given me some time to just sit and look at the artwork and ponder what the meaning or message behind it might be.  It has been a really cool experience.  Instead of getting bored of looking at the same artwork over and over again my appreciation for it simply grows.  I would like to challenge each person that comes into the library to take some time to notice the artwork that the Library has to offer.  You might be surprised to realize that you do actually appreciate art!

~Emily Rush

Art: http://acgosser.com/archives/prepress_portfolio/alice 

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home