Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

A tip for incoming freshmen

Throughout the 2011 fall semester at P.B.U there were a lot of wonderful activities that took place. I had the opportunity to attend a few of the activities, such as the Agora conference, and "Wars of the Wings" hosted by Heritage Hall Dorms. These were fun and exciting things to do in my spare time. However, the one activity that I was most interested in was playing basketball with some of the P.B.U students at 10pm on the weekends. In doing so, I made good friends quickly and easily. As a freshman in college you want to meet new people and make some new friends. In just a few weeks of playing basketball with my new friends, I became confident that my years here at would turn out very well, now I am thanking God in advance. I am able to call these guys up at any time to study, go out to eat, join them for thanksgiving dinner at their homes, attend concerts together, or hang out in the city-the best thing is that we all get together on the weekends and play ball.
           
I recommend to all incoming freshmen students that you get out and try new things, meet new people, and be a part of fun activity that will make you feel good on the inside. For me it basketball on the weekends, but that is not all. We have inter-mural sports, Christian conferences, social work group activities, mountain climbing trips, mission trips, study groups in the library, and so forth. So, enjoy your Christmas break and News Year’s celebration and come be a part of our growing family here at Philadelphia Biblical University as we continue to serve God and grow together in the body of Christ.   

~Chris Smith

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home