Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

Smile


This is my first semester working in the library as it is also my first semester here at Philadelphia Biblical University. As a new face it has been interesting watching people interact with each other in different situations such as in the cafeteria, classroom, or even just passing by in the halls or on the walkway. One of the things I find fascinating is how some people will always smile and say hi even if they don’t know you; while others avoid eye contact altogether… even if we have met once or twice.

As student workers in the library we are encouraged to smile and say hi to people as they walk in and out. It’s been neat to see how people react when you smile at them; it turns a stone face into a warm smile. I have really enjoyed this simple part of my job, just seeing the effect a simple smile has on people brightens my day. So as the semester moves on I would like to challenge each and every one of you to just smile whether it’s a good friend you have had for the past 3 years or if it’s at a new freshman that you will probably never even talk to. Just smile, it will brighten your day and theirs.

~Emily Rush


0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home