Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

Holiday break woes


Has the thought of not being able to use the library over the holiday break got you down?.....

It’s hard to believe it, but the holidays are approaching ever so quickly. To most students, this means finally being able to catch all of those ZZZZ’s that were missed during the semester. However, there are a few who just can’t seem to get rid of the school bug. For those of you who just have a hankering to do some sort of research over the break (holiday related maybe), I have some FANTASTIC news for you! The PBU Online Databases are AMAZING!!! I’m sure by now you are extremely tired of hearing about online databases and how beneficial they are…blah, blah, blah. It is a topic that has almost worn out its welcome. I am here though, to tell you that the online databases, JSTOR in particular, have been my lifesavers throughout this semester. I was assigned many projects this semester that required art pictures as well as analysis of them. I was at a loss to know how and where to find them until I stumbled across JSTOR. We as students at PBU have so much knowledge and information right at our fingertips, but I find that we don’t often use it. This is just another reminder that the online databases are WONDERFUL, and should be used for any type of research!

One last note on these resources…Did you know that some database platforms will formulate a citation for you?! One that I have found that does this is EBSCO Host. This is just another one of the many reasons why you MUST try out the online databases! Have fun with it!

~Denae

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home